Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Feelin' Bloggy

Hey all. It's been about 13 months since I removed my old poker blog on this site. I had fun posting to it though. If I recall correctly, I deleted the blog because I was convinced that the blog was angering the poker gods, and I was getting the feeling that those who read the blog thought that poker was the only important thing in my life. At the time, there was maybe some truth to that...

So here's the new blog, which will probably still contain some poker stuff. But as of this past Saturday, I've quit online poker, so the fodder for a poker blog would be greatly reduced anyway. I quit playing online not because of the new U.S. laws, nor was I losing miserably, but for the following two reasons: at times it was consuming too much of my free time for me to lead a normal life, and in support of someone special in my life who is in the process of quitting a different addiction. I had only played a total of 4 or 5 hours in the past few weeks anyway, but I could feel the bug about to hit me again sometime soon.

My life is very exciting right now! (Maybe that's why I decided to start the blog, to crow a little bit. If things take a turn for the worse or for the mundane, the posts may be few and far between, but for now I feel like climbing up on my rooftop and yelling.

Speaking of which, there's big news on the near horizon! Those that know me well might know what I'm talking about. As soon as things are official, I will gladly dedicate a post to it. For now, I'll be tight-lipped, at least online. (Tight-keyboarded?)

Currently, I am in my second semester of grad school at GVSU. I'm going for my Masters in Biostatistics, which I should secure in April of next year. From there, ideally a job in medical research somewhere in the area. I'm NOT moving away from here, despite the temptations to do so when it's supposed to be 20 degrees and snowing for the foreseeable future. I was always an underachieving student in high school and college, but I had my first-ever 4.0 GPA semester this past fall!

That being said, I will post this message and then a poker post. :)

No comments: